Pages

I love May goals.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

A while back, I was coming up with six goals per month. After a couple months, I noticed that the number of goals I was actually accomplishing was going down and down and down (and down and down and down). I went from doing six goals, to three, then doing zero. 

Goals are back, though! I wish I could call them "challenges" because that's more accurate. For example: since January, I've had two fairly huge "challenges" for myself. One was to go without Starbucks for as long as I possibly could. I went a whole 47 days without it! I think I broke the addiction because I think I have only gone twice since I broke. It's really exciting for me. 
The second challenge I had was to go as long as possible without drinking beer. I was just curious to see if I could go without it - but I'm not sure where I was going with that because clearly I need it. I attribute my love for beer - that has developed over the past year - to the pounds that have been added to my body. I guess what I learned from my 20 days without beer was that moderation is probably better for my life than no beer at all. Lesson learned.

Anyway, here they are!

1. Run 40 miles in the month of May
This shouldn't be too hard if I can stick to my running schedule. I've been able to easily run 2.5 miles -- which is huge for me. So if I can keep that up and throw in a couple 3 mile evening runs, I should be good. I'm excited! 
2. Organize my closet.
Here's a before picture for you. 
What a hot mess. It's gotten worse and worse over the last year - since I started working full-time. I have no time to clean it. That's a lie. I do have time, I'd just rather watch the previous night's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon than clean my closet out.
3. Make cake pops. 
Yup, this is actually a goal. I finally have all of the supplies to make cake pops - thanks to Shannon - so I need to do it. Pretty great goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment