Pages

I love pumpkin bread + pumpkin cupcakes.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Actually, like most other people, I love pumpkin everything. The best part about fall time (other than the humidity leaving and my hair finally being awesome again) is pumpkins everywhere - in my mouth, in my drank, on our front step. Loveeee itttt. 

In the past couple weeks, I've made some pumpkin bread and pumpkin cupcakes. And that's just the start. There's still plenty of weeks left to bake/make all of the pumpkin-y foods and drinks (aka milkshakes). 

Here's the recipe for the pumpkin bread I made. It's made with greek yogurt - which makes me think it was really, super, incredibly healthy. That's probably not the case at all but it was delicious. The recipe also gives info on how to make it with Nutella + chocolate chips. Ahhh yum.
And this past weekend, I made one of the best things on the planet - pumpkin cupcakes! Here's the recipe! These...I also pretend are supposed to be healthy just because they were on a website called "Skinnytaste" but I'm pretty sure they're not healthy at all (just like the pumpkin bread). Truthfully, I try not to really care if they're healthy or not if they involve pumpkin because pumpkin is worth it. 

I've probably written about this before but making homemade icing for cupcakes is always an issue for me. Even if I follow the recipe EXACTLY...it still ends up too runny. What's wrong with me? Why can't I make icing that isn't the consistency of water? It's not supposed to be like that! The day I make good homemade icing will be one of the best days of my life. 

Despite the super liquid-y icing, the cupcakes were pretty amazing. Super proud. They even got the Paul O'Sullivan stamp of approval. Catie and I are home alone for the week, though. And that means we have to find some way to eat all of them before they get icky...I think we can do it with a little help!

No comments:

Post a Comment