Pages

I love graduation parties.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

I'm really glad that graduation parties go on and on and on during the summer. They're one of my favorite things ever. Graduation parties mean fun people (usually or...hopefully) and a lot of great food. This hungry monster (hi, Jackie and Tyler) could eat all of the chips and fruit salad forever and be so content with life. I wouldn't be able to eat like that at home...only at parties.

Paul and I went to two on Saturday and they were both awesome. One was for Paul's friend and Shannon's soon-to-be (legally) Uncle David's son (did you follow all of that or..?) who graduated from high school. The other one was for Amanda and Jess. Two of my most favorite people in the whole world. Amanda graduated from Washington College and Jess graduated from high school. Aw...I love them.

Both parties were great. Kyle's was just a little rough because it was ridiculous outside. It was 200 degrees outside. Okay, maybe it wasn't that hot but it was really hot outside. I've noticed that I sweat a lot more now that I ever did before. I feel like I was sweating so much more than Paul and I had a dress on (a light one, without sleeves, etc.) and he had a t-shirt and shorts on. What's wrong with me? Sweaty monster life. The party itself was great and the location was awesome. And I got to see Nick and Shannon for a hot second! It's crazy to think that Paul knows Nick's uncle so well and we end up at the same parties because of it. It makes me want to sing "It's A Small World."

Amanda and Jess's party was honestly the best ever. So great that we stayed until 1:30 in the morning - that's late not just for us but it's also late for me. I haven't stayed out that late in forever - grandma alert. Their family is...amazing. I can't even describe it. They're all so open and honest and awesome and nice and friendly (hi, Shannon). Hanging out with their family (immediate and extended) feels so comfortable. It feels like I've known them forever. Paul and I had a blast hanging out with them. And honestly, they're some of my new favorite people because they told me that I look like Zooey Deschanel. Twice. I don't. At all. But you know what, I'll take it. What an awesome compliment, hahaha.

Here's some pictures from the grad party at A + J's as well as some from the 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment