Pages

I love being gutsy.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Gutsy: Showing courage, determination, and spirit. 

It's hard to change habits and parts of myself that have been the same for so long. When I break down the definition of 'gutsy,' I think I am all of those...sometimes. I can be courageous. I am definitely determined...usually (but I give up at times). And I think I show plenty of spirit.

The only problem is I can't be consistently gutsy. It's either I'm VERY gutsy...or I'm the opposite of gutsy. What is that? Lame? Cowardly? Shy? Timid? I want to be consistently gutsy. Gutsy all the time. But not in an overbearing way, of course. Or maybe I should! Maybe if I was gutsy all the time in an overbearing way, I'd be happier. That would mean I wouldn't be a people pleaser and I'd probably be a lot happier overall and probably have more confidence - which I could always use more of. Confidence and gutsiness probably go hand-in-hand, though. Not only would I be happier, but I definitely think the people around me would probably benefit from me being more gutsy. I'd be better at making decisions for my boyfriend and friends and family. I'd be an easier person to be around, I'd like to think. And more fun. 

As a lover of the Happiness Project + Gretchin Rubin, I feel like I'm always trying to find new ways to be happier. It's not that I'm sad or unhappy, I just feel like there's always ways that I could be happier. And as a lover of plans and making lists, I feel like I need to make a 
list of ways I could be more gutsy. So, here we go!

1. Dare myself to try new things. Like restaurants, obviously. Food. Food. And other things like yoga?
2. Dare myself to go new places. Like restaurants, hahaha. Just kidding! 
3. Dare myself to talk to new people. Oh, to get over my shyness would be so exciting. 
4. Step out of my comfort zone one time each day. This could be a million different things. I could go on and on.
5. Speak up, speak up, speak up. No waiting for other people to speak up. 
6. Make decisions. Asap. No waiting for other's approval. 

All of this is a lot easier said than done but it's something I really want to work on. Or maybe it looks easy to be done. I can't decide. Either way, I think I might make it a rest-of-the-year goal to try to be more gutsy. We'll seeeeee how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment