Pages

I love DIY mugs.

Monday, August 13, 2012

My little sister, Catie, and I had some sisterly bonding time over the weekend. It was pretty great to see her considering she's been basically working full time and we've been on opposite work schedules! We did some wandering around Target, some closing ceremony watching (who is Tinie Tempah?), and some DIY mugging. 

I think I've found a new hobby - DIY mugging is what I'm going to call it from now on. It's addicting. It took days and hours and lots of internet searching for ideas on what we/Catie/I should do to make our mugs pretty and in the end, I/we/she ended up just coming up with something on my/our own and wound up pretty happy with what we decided to do! Now I want to make MORE + MORE + 500,000 more. 

I think part of the reason why I love it so much is because it was so easy. All you need is colorful Sharpies - or Catie used paint - and an oven to bake the little muggies in at 300 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  

Now I've got something to drink hot tea/coffee in at work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment