Pages

I love being thankful: part one

Saturday, November 17, 2012

For the next five days up until Thanksgiving eve, I'm going to post one thing each day that I'm thankful for. So, here we go...

I am thankful for footballIt never, ever gets old.  It's magical. It's exciting. And it brings everyone together. I don't know what my Sundays would be without football, without my eyeblack, without me cursing at the refs. It really brings so much happiness (seriously, though) to my life. Those Sunday afternoons after a Ravens win sitting on the couch with Paul, watching the 4:00 game, and being so genuinely happy are the best afternoons ever. 

Okay, now on to more ridiculous reasons why I am thankful for football:
  • Without football, we would never have this gem. So much love for mad/yelling Joe. 
  • Joe yelling, "ALASKA ALASKA," and touching his butt. Also, him yelling "Nascar." Also, him just talking, in general. See here.
  • I rarely use the word "sexy" to describe anything. But I would describe the Ravens all-black uniforms as being sexy. I can't handle it. Even just the black jerseys - so thankful for them.
  • It's a good conversation-starter. Almost always. Unless someone doesn't watch football and in that case, why would you want to talk to them? Hahaha I'm just kidding!
  • Purple Fridays.
  • John Harbaugh is the best looking coach of any sport ever in the history of the world.  Do yourself a favor and watch this video
  • Fantasy football. Even when I suck at it like this season. 
  • The trash talk + people tweeting ridiculous pre-game and post-game tweets. It can pretty be hilarious. Shout out to Lindsey for the funniest retweets on game day and the most hilarious football-related tweets, in general.
  • Football gave me Anthony Allen.  Sometimes, when I'm feeling sad or grumpy, I just go look at Anthony Allen's tweets. They are so hilarious. People want to give me crap for loving him so much but come ON. Just read them...please? You'll be thankful for them too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment