Pages

I love(d) Halloween.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Holidays (or any days) that involves candy are awesome in my book. 

But truthfully, I wasn't really in the Halloween spirit this year - partially because I didn't go to any Halloween parties and had no reason to dress up! It felt really weird (and spooky) when after Sandy passed on Tuesday, Halloween was just THERE. Popped up out of nowhere. It was the day before Halloween and I felt like I needed to get my pumpkin carved ASAP before it was the big day and it didn't matter anymore. It took me a good couple hours to decide what I was going to carve it. Ask Shannon. She dealt with my "Wahhh. I don't knowwww." texts. Lucky her! 
My top three choices were the Ravens logo (from the front), Cinderella, an owl and a puppy. Naturally, I picked the puppy. It was easy and didn't cause me to drop the F bomb at all out of frustration (which carving pumpkins will cause me to do if they're too hard and start to look bad) AND IT WAS CUTE. ADORABLE. SO SWEETTTT. Arf.
I barely took part in passing out candy....because it was too cold out and I'm a baby (wah). But I did see a lot of cute lil ones in cute lil costumes. Like a lil guy in a police costume - ahh, adorable! And I did hang out with my sister a little bit while she passed out candy and listened to Big Time Rush and Christian rap music? She's cool. ;)
Maybe it's because of the lack of spirit I had this year, but Halloween felt funky. It just felt like I'm a weird in-between point in my life. Where trick-or-treating obviously isn't a big part of celebrating the holiday (and hasn't been for like 7 or 8 years) and I'm definitely not at the point where I'm having my own kiddies to dress up and take out. Just feels kind of weird! I don't plan on having lil babies anytime soon...so, hopefully I have plenty of parties to go to and dress up for so I don't feel so awkward and "funky" again next year! Invite me to all of the parties.

I thought about it a little and here's some ideas I have on what I could be next year:
  • Sasha - who doesn't love her? It'd be a hit.
  • Anyone from Pretty Little Liars - specifically "A" with the baby mask, you know? 
  • Lauren Conrad...or I would be okay with just looking like her, in general/all the time
  • Katniss - she'll be awesome/relevant forever, right?
  • Poe - the Ravens mascot. I could probably DIY that somehow, hahaha.
P.S. Sasha was adorable. Look at her lil fairy costume. I'll start brainstorming some new costumes for her next year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment