Pages

I love learning to have patience (with myself).

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Last Monday, I started my first full-time job. Of course, I’ve had jobs in the past – Panera Bread, Kohls, etc. – but nothing substantial, important, salaried, etc.

I like to think I’m a pretty patient person – with everyone BUT myself. I’m not sure what it is about me, but I can’t stand when I don’t get something immediately or quickly. I get extremely frustrated and want to cry for days, hahaha. (This explains why I struggle to learn guitar when my boyfriend, Paul, teaches it as a part-time job.)

I just can’t stand being a beginner at things I want so badly to be good at from the start. So, the first two weeks of my new job were a little bit hard on me.

Luckily, I have people that that will help me focus + remember that I can’t always be good at things from the start (if I could, I would probably be super human and I probably don’t want to be that because then I’d be a super weirdo – aka weirder that I already am). These past two weeks have really taught me to be patient with myself. If I can do it for everyone else (or for most people) then I should be able to do it for me me me me me. Just saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment