Pages

I love Starbucks.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

I have a love-hate relationship with Starbucks. It's like 99% love and 1% hate. And to be honest, that 1% isn't even real hate. I have to try to hate it to convince myself not to go there all the time.
  
Something about working full-time and Eldersburg having a drive-thru (and probably having Shannon as a best friend) has made me crazy about drinking Starbucks everyday. I don't think it's an addiction - trust me, I googled what it would be like if I did have one to Starbucks and I don't have too many symptoms. 
   
It's definitely combination of what I just said - plus:
  • Everyone that works at Starbucks is SO BUBBLY and nice (I'm sure you've seen my Facebook statuses about this.) I can't get over it. It's so easy to drive up, order my drink, and have someone be really nice to me while I wait for it. It makes my morning a little bit easier! 
  • Espresso seems so much more intense than the coffee I made/drink at home so it seems a lot more effective when I'm a sleepy monster in the morning before work. The intensity makes me think I'll never get tired during the day after I drink my latte - which is definitely not true, haha.
  • The drive-thru really is extremely convenient. I don't even have to get out of my car. I can continue to listen to Elliott in the Morning while I wait. And...the drive-thru is technically on my way to work so it's not like I'm going out of my way. It's there when I drive by. I have to go to it.
My monthly goals for the past few months have been involving Starbucks...and trying to cut back. Last month, I made the goal of only going to Starbucks 2x a week. It was hard a first but I did it! I cut back to only Monday and Friday. Monday because Mondays are hard and Starbucks makes it easier. Friday because I worked hard the entire week and I earned it. I think one of my July goals will be to cut back to one day a week - Monday! I'll keep you guys updated, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment