Pages

I love best friend engagements + baseball.

Friday, June 29, 2012

For the past week or so, I've had zerooooo motivation to write on here. Luckily, that motivation is kind of sort of back. Some things have happened since I last made a post.
My best friend got engaged! Super exciting and romantic and I'm really happy for her and what real life adults we are now. Her ring is so pretty and her fiancé (weird to say that instead of 'boyfriend' - but I'll get used to it and then soon it will be husband!) is a fantastic, who is willing to go around in circles in cul-de-sacs to earn Twix bars from me, guy. Congrats, little love birdies. I'm truly excited for the next 12 months of planning and inviting myself to the part where you get to try all the fun foods that you might have at the reception! 
That same day, if you can't tell, I went to an O's game. I had a strange feeling that I really have never had towards baseball. No one else knows about this because I really wasn't going to mention it because I'm strangely embarrassed about it but here we go. The game itself  was a teensy bit boring but, finally, after what seemed like 100 years, Adam Jones hit a home run and the ball hit a pole right next to us and when it happened, I legitimately started tearing up. I know...what? I was so happy that we finally got a home run that I almost cried? Weird.
Now, it could be because I'm emotional and a girl...but I have never felt like that about baseball before. Ever. To be real with you, I have kind of hated baseball until two-ish years ago. It could also have something to do with seeing my boyfriend and my best friend's now fiancé so excited and bonding and high-fiving and being with my two of my favorite people in the world all at once. It was a magical baseball moment. I also have a big crush on Adam Jones. That probably has nothing to do with it, though. 

1 comment

  1. ha ha ha - Could it be that the Orioles are actually good this year? That makes a difference. Congrats to your friends! I love weddings.

    ReplyDelete