Pages

I love(d) Boston.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Even in the gross, kind of rainy, very chilly for early June weather, Boston was amazing. I knew it would be!
  
The main part of the trip was going to the O's vs Red Sox game at Fenway, but we wound up spending the entire day (from a little after 11:00am til 6:00pm) walking around Boston. I've never walked so much in one day in one city in semi-chilly weather and been so excited on the inside. I realize that on the outside, I probably looked miserable to everyone else because, let's be honest, I haven't walked that long in a while and I didn't get much sleep the night before. I was pretty exhausted! 


Here's what we did!
  • Woke up at 5:25am to get ready and left the house by 5:45am - I haven't been up THAT early since I worked at Panera. 
  • Our flight was a little before 8:00am and we arrived in Boston a little after 9:00am. It's such a short flight. I can't complain. Well, actually, I can. I'm such a baby about flying. I tweeted this after our flight home, but seriously, shout out to Paul for dealing with me. I'm such a hot mess on planes. Freaking out and wanting to throw up - holla. 
  • Picked up our HUGE rental van (not a mini-van...this was a real van that fit like 10 people comfortably - hilarious) and drove into the city!
  • Spent the morning walking around Fenway and taking pictures - fun! Tourists! 
  • Hit up the Barnes & Noble. It had four floors! How awesome. And...the best part was that it had an OUTRAGEOUS amount of Boston University merch. Paul kept saying, "You didn't even know Boston University existed before today." And that's true...but I wanted all of their merch. Their mascot is a dog. If I go to grad school, I'm going there. I have to. Boston + dogs? Best of all worlds ever.
  • Went to the Maparium. I know, it sounds awesome. And it was. I couldn't even explain it to you...I really couldn't. We weren't allowed to take pictures either so I didn't. A picutre would explain it all but I couldn't take one! Whoops.
  • Went to Fenway! Here's where it gets really fun. We were allowed to go on the field before the game! It was so chaotic and so semi-traumatizing and panic attack inducing but extremely amazing. When will I ever get to do that again? Probably never. So grateful that we were able to do it! 
  • Sat in our seats where there was a huge pole in the way, but whatever. It was still awesome. The Red Sox fans weren't that obnoxious at all and they didn't seem to care that we (as O's fans) were being kind of obnoxious ourselves. 
  • Saw the O's win!
  • Was thrilled that the actual rain - not the light, sprinkly kind - held off until we were driving back to the hotel. We were so lucky!
  • Stayed a hotel that reminded me of where the A team/Mona had their lair, hahaha. If anyone watches Pretty Little Liars, you get my life. Most likely, no one does. The bed was a bed and I was happy to lay in it, though!
Here's a video of Fenway singing "Sweet Caroline." It makes me smile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment