Pages

I love Georgetown Cupcake + being lucky.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

I think I've wanted to go to Georgetown Cupcake for years now. Maybe two years. Maybe one year. It seems like it was forever that I've wanted to go. I tried to make plans for my birthday and those kind of fell through so when it came up in conversation between Shannon and I - I knew we had to try to make a plan to go because what if I die tomorrow and never got to go to Georgetown Cupcake? Is that morbid? Not really. I don't mean it that way, I just mean YOLO so I need to eat all of the good cupcakes I can. Hahaha. 
  
It took us over two hours and driving down random streets with pretty houses that I wanted to live in and hang out in and throw BBQs at to get there. Traffic was a hot mess...big, huge, giant hot mess of people. Somehow, Shannon and I always end up lucky. 
By that I mean, we were looking for one of the three garages (we like to plan ahead, obviously) that I had picked out and printed out directions/addresses to. As we're searching for one of them, we realize we can't find it! Typical me when I'm in a city and looking for parking, I start getting worried and confused and frantic. So, we pull down this side road and realize there's meter parking and one little meter left for someone to park at! We pull up and try to pay (Ugh, trust me. I tried. I had to talk to this computer woman through the phone and  she was one frustrating lady. I'd like to punch that computer woman in the face. She's so hard at hearing.) but decide that we'd be fine if we just walk away and not pay. Like I said, so lucky. We couldn't find the garage (which turned out to be a SMALL parking lot...what?) so we pull down a random street and find awesome parking that's free! So lucky. Lucky life.
AS IF THAT weren't lucky enough...we start walking toward the main street and realize that Georgetown Cupcake is literally right across the street...with NO ONE lined up outside! We probably got the closest parking we could get AND didn't have to deal with large crowds of crazy people wanting cupcakes in their mouths.
   
We placed orders ahead of time the night before so we were able to walk right up and pick up the cupcakes we already paid for. So great. Everyone seemed to be pleasant enough inside and their shirts were awesome. I thought for one second that I would want to work there and then I realized I wouldn't be able to handle the previously mentioned crazy people who wanted cupcakes in their mouths. 
   
Here's some pictures of the cupcakes I got. They are...amazing. I wasn't sure how I felt about paying almost $3.00 for a cupcake...and then I ate one and I understood. 
I'm going to back. I have to. Gerogetown itself was amazing and so were the cupcakes so that's two reasons to go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment