Pages

I love my birthday week.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

I declared this past week my birthday week. It started on Sunday at around 9:30pm and it will continue until tonight at midnight. 
I can't remember (story of my life) if I've ever really celebrated a birthday week before. I probably have. Either way, I did it this year.
Not much was different. Other than my birthday being on Wednesday. I pretend other things happened because it was my birthday. For example - Rita's on Thursday with Paul. I pretended that was part of my birthday week. It wasn't...but I pretend that it was. Work was also pretty good this week. I pretend that was because of my birthday week too (part of it was, thanks to the cupcakes my boss brought in - oh, snap). It's been a pretty good birthday week, hahaha.

My birthday itself was awesome this year. I got a little sad the day before and a little bit during the afternoon. I couldn't tell you why. I mean, I could but it's not what you expect. I get too excited for my birthday (obviously). I'm not one of those people that gets really down about getting older - I don't care that I turned 23 reeeeally. The problem is that I get super pumped and expect it to be this amazing, crazy, ridiculously magical day but then I get scared that it won't measure up to my expectations. So...then I try to not have any expectations. Then...I get sad for no reason. Makes sense? Right? No, it doesn't. I don't get it either. What's wrong with me? 

Good news, though! My birthday, like I kind of said already, was really fun. I spent it with the people I spend most of my time with and it was great. Want to see pictures? Oh, you do? Great because here's some for you to look at:
I'd have to say the best part of my birthday was having to spend $10.00 on a small glass of sangria. Since when does sangria cost $10.00, Cheesecake Factory? Why do you gotta be like that? Then, they kept offering me another glass! Why? So I could spend $30.00 on three glasses of sangria, hahaha. They sure are sneaky. 

2 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great birthday week!! Yay! Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete