Pages

I love to hate things and then love them.

Friday, May 18, 2012

I've come to the conclusion that I usually hate (or dislike - that's a nicer way of saying it) something...before I like it a lot. Here are some things that I didn't like before I loved them.
   
1. "Jasey Rae" by All Time Low
If you know me, you know that this is my favorite song...ever. I don't know why, really. (I'm shrugging.) It just is. It's literally my favorite song...ever. Ever? Ever. It's probably so silly and not as deep as everyone else's favorite song but...yeah. Anyways, before I fell in love with this song, I definitely made fun of it. The part where it's like, "I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar..."? I made fun of that and thought it was embarrassing for a while. I still kind of am embarrassed by that part, it's not my favorite thing ever...but I don't mind it and the rest of the song is my favorite thing in the world. 
   
2. Forever 21
In freshman year of high school, I would say that I thought Forever 21 is stupid....and I did think it was stupid. I thought it had gross clothes (what did I know? I can't remember what I was wearing in 9th grade but I'm almost 99.9% it was probably actually pretty disgusting and weird). I didn't hate it, but I definitely did not shop there. Then...a friend of mine had to return her clothes to Forever 21 one day after class in 10th grade and from then on, I became a fan of Forever 21. I guess I never gave it a chance...either way... I didn't like it...and now I love it. 
   
3. The Hunger Games
This isn't really something that I disliked...but I'm actually noticing a trend here. It seems like I make fun of things before I love them. Shannon was obsessed with Hunger Games and before the movie came out, I would always make fun of the name Peeta and thought it was hilarious. I would correct her and say his name was "PeTER" because I think I'm really funny and also because really? Peeta isn't a real name. It's a British person saying Peter.
I love Peeta now. I am very attracted to Peeta now. I don't make fun of his name because now I'm in love with him. And the Hunger Games. I want to go see it again and that never happens to me with movies. 
   
4. Lizzie McGuire
I remember when they first started promoting Lizzie McGuire. I would see commercials for Lizzie McGuire and say to my friends at the time, "This show is going to be lame. No one is going to want to watch a show that has part cartoon - part real person. That cartoon girl is weird." Yeah, apparently I was a huge Negative Nancy. I remembered feeling like an big idiot once I loved the show like a month later. I still love that show. Hilary Duff is still f'ing cool as sht.
   
5. Recent boy bands
I never thought I'd love a boy band as much as I loved N*SYNC once they left the building. I thought all boy bands after that point, would never be as good as they were. And now I love Big Time Rush and One Direction. Definitely made fun of them both before I loved them. I'm seeing BTR in concert in August. What is life?
   
6. Harry Styles
Speaking of 1D...I thought Harry Styles was the second worst boy in One Direction. I really made fun of him. Harry...is hairy. He has a lot of hair. But now I'm beginning to like his hair. And beginning to like hairy Harry. I can't explain it. How did I go from thinking he wasn't cute at all to him becoming my 3rd favorite boy? What is my brain?
  
7. Taylor Swift
I think everyone, or most everyone, gets that I don't like Taylor Swift. She is still someone I don't like. I don't know that I'll ever like her as a person. But for the past long while, I've disliked her music as well. But...I'm beginning to like her music. This is the most shocking of all. We'll see how things go. Maybe in a few weeks I'll start liking her as a person...but probably not. I'll keep you guys posted.

3 comments

  1. forever21 is bad news! i kind of brushed off the sweat shop stuff until i actually read about it. stick to h&m and target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps i totally lurk this blog on the regs and it rules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, is it really bad that I'm not going to read about the sweat shops because I can't afford to shop anywhere else but F21? Going to hell?! Probably. Most likely. I just am so cheap and can't get over that I can get like 2 dresses, two shirts, shorts and a neckless for $50.00 + free shipping. Cheapy weapy forever. Maybe one day I can afford to get all of my clothes elsewhere...until then...I'm going to not read about the sweat shops because I'm sure it would have the same effect on me and that scares me and my wallet, hahahaha. Life.
    And thanks! I'm glad anyone ever reads it. Especially when I make long text posts like this!

    ReplyDelete