Pages

I love healthy goals.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I go through phases with a lot of things.
I go through phases with food - like pretzels.
I go through phases with TV shows - like Jon and Kate + 8. 
I go through phases with celebrities - like Josh Harnett. He was so cute. He still is. But I just don't see him around that much anymore so I don't think of him that often/think about how cute he is that often. Same with JC Chasez. Why did I think he was cute? I don't know but I definitely had posters of him all over my wall (along with Justin Timberlake - but he's still cute). 

I definitely (very definitely) go through these phases where I am super into working out and eating good. They come like once a season. They always have. Or at least since I started college. So, about four times a year, I get on these little kicks where I'm like this (just imagine that I'm really pumped and yelling/screaming):

Running is SO FUN. RUNNING IS GREAT. THIS IS THE BEST. Running makes me feel AWESOME. I really LOVE EXERCISE. This salad is the best thing I'VE EVER EATEN. These celery sticks in peanut butter are SO BANGIN'. I just can't get ENOUGH. Apples for breakfast? Yes, PLEASE. GIVE ME. I don't need dessert. WHO NEEDS DESSERT? NOT ME.

Those kicks are super intense and last about...maybe...at the most...one week. And then I'm back to eating potato skins with cheese and bacon on them and stuffed-crust pizza and Reese cups as snacks and maybe even for breakfast. But in the moment, before breaking down and eating all of the chips ever, I really think that I could eat healthy and be healthy and run for the rest of my life and be content with it.
    
I guess what I am getting at is that I want to work at somehow making this NOT be a phase like everything else. The magic key to this not being a phase is realizing that I don't have to be so intense about it. I should just ease into and do the things that I like to do because I want to do it for my health, in general. 

Running really is nice. Eating healthy is nice. Losing the poundy pounds (the cute way of saying 'chubs') that I gained over this past winter so that I can feel more confident in my shorts and dresses would definitely be nice. 

My goal for the rest of spring is to run 3x a week and eat as healthy as I can but not go overboard.  If I can keep it up after spring, that would be great too! I really think I can do it.  I'll keep everyone updated - if you guys care. If you don't, you can just read over those updates. Sound good? Okay, good.

No comments:

Post a Comment