Pages

I love Nutella-filled sugar cookies.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I always find recipes for baked goodies that have the potential to be an extremely huge mess when I am making them. I'm drawn to these types of recipes/goodies even though it doesn't make sense. I get so anxious and frustrated and messy and have fingers that are sticky that I have to wash every two seconds. 

Of course when I saw a recipe for Nutella-filled sugar cookies, I instantly felt the need to bake them as soon as possible. After making these, I'm come to the conclusion that it seems like anything (cookie, etc.) filled with something else (Oreos, Nutella, etc.) in baking means a hot mess is going to be made. Flour EVERYWHERE. Dough EVERYWHERE. Sugary, sticky counters EVERYWHERE. 

Anyways, the messy life that these cookies caused was definitely worth it. Cookies + Nutella = always a good idea. I think it's hard to please everyone when it comes to baking things in my house sometimes. Everyone has different tastes and likes different things. But I'm pretty sure everyone on the planet loves Nutella and who doesn't like sugar cookies? Exactly. 

Side note: it seems like every cookie recipe that I follow never calls for enough flour. Or maybe I'm just crazy. I always end up adding, at least, 1/2 cup more than it says to use because my dough is just slimy (gross word, I know. I'm sorry, you guys). Does anyone else feel this way? That's a rhetorical question, I guess. I don't expect anyone to answer it. I just feel crazy and I think maybe that my obsession with adding too much flour to my cookie dough makes sense as to why I feel the need to flour bomb the people I can't stand. That's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment