Pages

I love playoff hockey.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I call myself a bit of a poser (haven't used that word since middle school) when it comes to watching hockey/hockey in general. I don't really watch any games during the regular season - I'm actually kind of bored by them + I am kind of impatient. I just want someone to get a goal as soon as possible and it drives me nuts to watch them hit the puck around and it gets nowhere (usually).

But hockey becomes a completely different story in Lindsayland once playoff time comes around - but only if the Caps are involved. I love watching games and they're actually extremely exciting to me. I suppose it's because it's the playoffs and you're either moving on to the next round...or you're out forever and all the hard work you put into getting to the playoffs doesn't matter because you didn't win it all. Everything about the playoffs is exciting and awesome and scary. 


Here are my top five reasons for loving playoff hockey/hockey, in general:
  1. Like I said, super exciting. I enjoy being able to scream at my TV. Playoff hockey gets me "pumped" (I can't think of a better word) enough to yell - when we win and when players are MFers.
  2. I also enjoy being able to call other teams "bullies." This past series against the Bruins, the whole team wasn't "bullies" (hahaha), but CHARA WAS. Chara is a bully. BULLY. 
  3. Mike Green. He's attractive. He's very nice to look at. And...he has my last name (we're not related, thankfully) so if I wanted to get Caps jersey, I could get his and the last name on the back would actually be real life.
  4. Ovechkin is hilarious. Just looking at him makes me laugh. I appreciate him - just in general. Can I listen to him talk all day? I don't think I would understand a lot of it but it would be pretty funny.
  5. When the Verizon Center is full of people wearing red, I just get so happy. It looks so cool. Yup. (I know what you're thinking...I should be a sports writer. I'm pretty good at this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment